Once Upon a Time

The sharing of stories is how we communicate and so people are born loving stories. Stories bring us together and foster community, understanding and culture through their telling. As story tellers we have all seen the power of stories and we are all on the look out for new material. This blog has been setup to foster sharing amongst story tellers so please feel free to use any material here and share your stories with others by e-mailing me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Caloundra, Queensland, Australia

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dear Zoo

Last Christmas I wanted the very best pet in the entire world. So Mum suggested that I should write to the zoo. So I wrote to the zoo and asked them to send me a pet.

The next day the zoo sent me a big red box and inside the box was …
(trumpet sound) an elephant! He was sooo cool. But … he squashed the azaleas in the front yard, so Mum sai8d I had to send him back.

The next day the zoo sent me a tall red box and inside the box was ….
(stretch giraffe puppet up high) a tall giraffe! But … when I took him inside to sleep at the end of my bed, he made a hole in the ceiling. So Mum said I had to send him back.

The next day the zoo sent me a square red box and inside the box was …
(Ooh ooh ooh sound) a cheeky monkey! He was fun. But … he took all the dirt out of the pot plants, painted the walls with mud and did a handstand on the toilet seat. So Mum said I had to send him back.

So the next day the zoo sent me a long red box and inside the box was …
(hissing sound) a snake! A slippery, slimy snake! He was excellent cause he scared my little brother. But Mum said I had to send him back.

The next day the zoo sent me a large red box and inside the box was ….
(horse snorting sound) a zebra! He followed me all of the house, it was great. But Mum said he clashed with the couch so I had to send him back.

Then the zoo had a bit of a think and sent me a truly awesome pet. They sent me a …. (roaring sound) a Lion! He was great! All the bullies stopped picking on me cause I had a lion. But he tried to eat my Dad, so Mum said I had to send him back.

This time I wrote to the zoo again and asked for a truly excellent pet that wouldn’t squash the azaleas, or eat my Dad, or make holes in the roof, but would sleep at the end of my bed, and would scare my little brother… sometimes. And the next day they sent me a small red box and inside the box was … (tail wag outside box) a puppy! And I named him Rex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home